Community news, upcoming events and general discussions
Threads: 32 Posts: 82
Get technical support from the community
Threads: 1182 Posts: 6590
Threads: 16 Posts: 58
Tell us how to make XDK better!
Threads: 35 Posts: 117
Share and discuss community member projects
Threads: 53 Posts: 256
i have a small, maybe trivial problem with the REST API under
I provided the api token but when i try to test some requests i laways gete a dialog requesting username and password.
i tried all my account variations but the dialog appears again and again.
Which username password combination should i use there ?
Guidiance appreciated :-)
i created a ticket at Bosch-SI Support and we are working on a solution :-)
so, i had contact with the support team and we get it to work.
All informations are based on my experience within the demo enviroment of the Bosch IOT Cloud.
1. iit looks like it is fixed (if there were issues)
2. there is a new Rest API Version (2.0)
3. To successfull use the API you need to authorize in advance booth, the API-Key AND a user (Authoriziation via Bosch-ID possible)
4. Requesting Information via API about things is only possible for THINGS registered in the Bosch Cloud Stuttgart - not AWS - Frankfurt (currently, maybe subject of change in the future) Therefore it is needed, to book demo services there (Bosch Cloud Stuttgart)
5. It is essential, when using the REST API to select the Bosch Cloud ;-)
6. By default, only the user registered the service has access to the things. Other users, created via IOT Permissions Service may authorize successfull. request successfull but get no data. (this maybe corrected by setting up policys for things via rest api by the "ROOT User" (main bosch id, the one, that booked the service)
thats all folks ;-)